ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST
To apply for enrollment into one of our degree programs, you must submit ALL of the following documents. Once your file is complete, your file will be submitted to our Admissions Board for approval.
- Complete the Application online.
- Essay – One to two pages typed
Describe your motivation for applying to VMCAD. Then describe how you will have a positive influence on the college. Email your completed essay to email@example.com.
- Official Transcripts
Have your previous school mail them to VMCAD Admissions. You may have them fax your unofficial transcripts until we receive the officials in the mail.
- ACT or SAT test results
Have your High School mail your test results along with your High School transcripts
If you have not taken the ACT or SAT’s you will take the Wonderlic exam through VMCAD. This test consists of a 20 minute verbal and a 20 minute quantitative section.
- Portfolio of your Art/Design work (Recommended but not required).
Your portfolio should consist of no fewer than 5 and no more than 10 pieces of work.
- Optional: Applicants are welcome to submit a resume detailing work experience and/or extracurricular activities, or a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor, to supplement an application file.
- If you are applying to the AAB in Fashion Design program, contact your Admissions Counselor for information on our required Sewing Fundamentals class.
Fall Quarter 2017
Session Begins: Monday, October 9, 2017
New Student Application Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2017
Winter Quarter 2018
Session Begins: Monday, January 8, 2018
New Student Application Deadline: Monday, January 1, 2018
Spring Quarter 2018
Session Begins: Monday, April 9, 2018
New Student Application Deadline: Sunday, April 1, 2018
Summer Quarter 2018
Session Begins: Monday, July 9, 2018
New Student Application Deadline: Sunday, July 1, 2018