VMCAD offers a number of ways to learn about what direction you want to take your career. Internships are one of the most valuable resources to do so.
With an internship you:
- Gain professional experience that connects your classroom skills and studies with your industry.
- Learn about the different aspects of your chosen career and where you would like to apply your skills.
- Make professional connections in the “real-world.”
- Upon successful completion, the opportunity for letter(s) of recommendation from an industry professional.
- The potential to have a full-time employment offer after the internship. (Employers are not required to, nor expected to present any intern with an offer of employment. The role of an internship is first to provide an educational experiential learning experience.)