Finding an Internship
The process for finding an internship is great practice for your eventual career search. Internships are required of all students in their final quarter of study.
When should I start looking for an internship?
Since you are expected to begin your internship at the beginning of your final quarter, you should begin your search the previous quarter when you register. Students are responsible for taking the lead in exploring different locations for their internship, based on their career aspirations. You want to make sure you have an internship secured before the final quarter begins.
How do I find an internship?
Good question! You have several options available.
- Search the VMCAD Internship Posts
- Visit the Northeast Ohio Talent Exchange this organization helps partner students with internships in the area. It takes just a few minutes to create a profile.
- Visit Ohio Means Internships. This state-wide initiative by the Ohio Department of Education connects students with employers.
- Speak with your Department Chair. Career Services works with Department Chairs and faculty to discover opportunities for you. If you learn of an internship from an instructor, make sure to report it to Career Services.
- Use your network! At this point you have likely made a number of connections in the industry through campus-events, student organizations, guest speakers, etc. Tap into your network!
Click here for Internship Guide Internship Guide.